[FFmpeg-user] fixing videos that don't start with keyframes

Matthew Morgan lytithwyn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 17:17:13 CET 2011

On Thu 10 Nov 2011 11:12:03 AM EST, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Matthew Morgan<lytithwyn<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> ffmpeg version 0.7.2-4:0.7.2-1ubuntu1, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the Libav
>> developers  built on Oct  2 2011
>
> That is an intentionally broken (and unsupported) version.
> Please see http://ffmpeg.org/download.html
>
> Carl Eugen
I understand the vendor-customized repo versions can't be supported,
but I don't even know what command line options would be required to
repair the files.  I actually already have a set of scripts for quickly
building and setting up the source version of ffmpeg if the repo
version doesn't do what I need.

I mainly just need to know if it is possible using ffmpeg (and if so,
how) to trim everything off the beginning of a video file up to the
first keyframe.