[FFmpeg-user] Encode lossless Dirac?

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Tue Nov 22 10:30:42 CET 2011

Unfortunately, I'm having problems compiling the current git-version of
FFmpeg with libschroedinger on my Debian Lenny machine:

Using the following command:
[code]
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-gpl --enable-nonfree
--enable-postproc --enable-swscale --enable-avfilter --enable-pthreads
--enable-bzlib --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libxvid
--enable-zlib --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-decoder=png
--enable-encoder=png --enable-libdirac --enable-libschroedinger && make
clean && make
[/code]

Throws the following error:

[quote]
CC      libavcodec/libschroedinger.o
CC      libavcodec/libschroedingerdec.o
CC      libavcodec/libschroedingerenc.o
libavcodec/libschroedingerenc.c: In function ‘libschroedinger_encode_init’:
libavcodec/libschroedingerenc.c:191: error:
‘SCHRO_ENCODER_RATE_CONTROL_CONSTANT_QUALITY’ undeclared (first use in
this function)
libavcodec/libschroedingerenc.c:191: error: (Each undeclared identifier
is reported only once
libavcodec/libschroedingerenc.c:191: error: for each function it appears
in.)
make: *** [libavcodec/libschroedingerenc.o] Error 1
[/quote]

I'm using "libschroedinger-dev" package from Lenny-backports:
1.0.8-2~bpo50+2

Do you think that getting the most recent libschroedinger (v1.0.10) will
fix this?
On its website [1] it says:

New in 1.0.10

– Build fixes on various platforms
– Speed increases for low-delay syntax
– Fix unaligned access in orc code, which was uncovered by a recent Orc
bug fix. Bump orc requirement to 0.4.10, which makes sure everyone works
right.
– No encoder changes

Regards,
Pb