[FFmpeg-user] bounty: fix this bug #437 $150

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Nov 24 11:29:23 CET 2011

Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/437
> It is reproducible in linux I believe.

What is unfortunately really missing - and makes fixing this "bug" (I can
imagine the misunderstanding is simply about how colours are represented in
different standards, I believe there are several relevant threads on doom9)
extremely unlikely, no matter how much you offer - is a way to reproduce your
issue.
Is it only reproducible with ffplay?
Note that SDL (the library ffplay depends on) is known for different bugs on
different platforms. Apart from that, I would not really recommend ffplay as a
playback application (it is very slow), there are alternatives like MPLayer
(that allows you to select the colour representation at least for VDPAU).

If it is reproducible with ffmpeg (that does not depend on external libraries
the same way as ffplay), please add a sample and a command line together with
complete, uncut console output.

Carl Eugen