[FFmpeg-user] Enabling 'rtsp' demuxer in FFMPEG 0.8.5

Ashish Mathur mail2ashi.86 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 04:58:41 CET 2011

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the response. After some experiments i was able to figure
out a way of enabling 'rtsp' demuxer but my findings are worth a
discussion.

My configure command looked like:
./configure --disable-demux=asf --disable-decoders

Actually in my application, i don't want 'asf' demuxing to happen
through ffmpeg and therefore the following line in allformats.c,
inside av_register_all() is also commented :

//REGISTER_MUXDEMUX (ASF, asf);

With the above command i don't know why RTSP demuxer was getting
disabled. As an experiment i removed --disable-demux=asf, and ran
configure again. Now, in the list of enabled demuxers i was able to
see 'RTSP' and the corresponding 'RTSP' files compiled. Also, new
config.h and config.mak have RTSP demuxer enabled.

This behavior was a little strange as removing --disable-demux=asf
actually sorted out the issue. I think --disable-demux=asf was
unrequired once the REGISTER_MUXDEMUX(ASF,asf) has been commented in
allformats.c.

Could you help in justifying this behavior by ffmpeg 0.8.5 configuration?

Regards,
Ashish