[FFmpeg-user] Solution to xvid: invalid pixel aspect ratio.

dE . de.techno at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 17:02:59 CET 2011

Hi.

Many times when converting videos, for a specific aspect ratio, xvid
pops up with this error(xvid: invalid pixel aspect ratio). What I've not
seen so far, is exactly which aspect ratio is considered invalid by xvid?

I know the mpeg4 codec, but I prefer xvid for better compression and
better multi threading with the scale filter on and ability to do more
than 16 threads and still consume less memory.

Thanks!