[FFmpeg-user] Recording a live stream changing output file every x seconds

Hector Cano hcano at mebcn.com
Mon Nov 28 11:50:59 CET 2011

Hi,
I am recording live a stream from an Axis camera. It works perfect.

I'm required to record for maybe a couple of hours at a time, and I'd
prefer to have several shorter files, maybe a new file every minute,
instead of a big file (to minimize risk, and to be able to start post
processing without having to wait till the end).

Is there any option for ffmepg to do the job automatically?
I've tried using -t 60, and restarting the capture, but the jump is too
noticeable.

I am using an Ubuntu 11.10 server for the job, launching ffmpeg from a
bash shell.

I tried to find the answer in the archives, but found nothing but an old
unanswered question "Recording and splitting at the same time".

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
--
Hector