[FFmpeg-user] web stream video conversion on the fly without downloading

steven liu stevenliu88 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 05:51:52 CET 2011

Dear All,

I am wondering whether FFMPEG has the web stream video conversion on the
fly capability. What I want to do is to receive online web video stream
from sockets, convert to another format/size/bit rate on the fly without
waiting until the whole video file is downloaded completely. For example, I
receive 1 sec video and start converting for this 1-sec video content.
Then, I go to receive another 1 sec and start converting another 1-sec
video content. Is it possible to do this using FFMPEG or other tools? Many
thanks.

Leo