[FFmpeg-user] problem encode mov to 3gp

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Nov 30 22:57:55 CET 2011

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:50:26 +0700
aris sirajawali <arissirajawali at gmail.com> wrote:

> how to encode video from mov to 3gp with good quality and small
> size .. I use the following command: *ffmpeg-i INPUt.MOV-acodec
> libfaac-ab 12.2-ac 1-ar 8000-vcodec h263-s QCIF-r 10-b 128k
> OUTPUT.3gp*.

Does your command not work? You never said if it worked or not, and if
it does not work then show the complete console output. Otherwise how
are we to know what is wrong?

> and if I make use *acodec amr_nb or amr_wb*, I get an
> *unknown encoder*, is there an error on my ffmpeg command?

Since I know nothing about the ffmpeg you are using it is hard to
determine what the issue is. If you show your complete command and the
complete console output then we can give suggestions.

3GP can handle AMR or AAC audio, so if you can encode AAC audio then
you won't have to deal with AMR.