[FFmpeg-user] -loop_input is deprecated use -loop 1 instead

bat guano batguano999 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 2 18:48:09 CEST 2011

> ... But I have a question, if somebody knows,
> what means the value 1 passed as parameter  to -loop option?
>
> I have tried to search documentation about this but I have no found
> meaningful pages.

Hi
It's a puzzle. ;-)
I found this reference in the man pages, but I don't really understand it.

-loop_input
Loop over the input stream. Currently it works only for image
streams. This option is used for automatic FFserver testing.  This
option is deprecated, use -loop 1.

-loop_output number_of_times
Repeatedly loop output for formats that support looping such as
animated GIF (0 will loop the output infinitely).  This option is
deprecated, use -loop.