[FFmpeg-user] CLI ffmpeg on MacOS

Adrian Dusa dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 13:19:48 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 18:43, Roger Pack <rogerdpack2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Apologies for bumping up this thread, I only would like to know if
>> there is a solution or not: should I dig further?
>> Thanks,
>
> AFAIK OS X doesn't have a screen capture input currently, though I may
> port VLC's qtcapture to it at some point.

Thanks for this, I figured this much.
Currently, I am able to capture screen portions using QuickTime, which
proves that screen capture is generally possible. The question is if I
can do it from the command line (specifying precise parameters)
instead of an imprecise drag, and of course I would very much prefer
ffmpeg instead of QuickTime (it's so much better...).

Thanks again,
Adrian