[FFmpeg-user] Why frame is getting dropped?

Hardik Sharma hardik.sharma22 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 06:20:31 CEST 2011

I tried to encode and decode video stream several times to make sure but still I am getting frame drop. I have slice formation in my encoded video stream but as I drop some slices one by one, i m getting next whole frame dropped. Please help or atleast tell me from where to start. For some slices drop (individually) whole frame is getting lost and I have no idea why. I am trying to solve this issue from past some weeks. Let me know if you want more information but give me your suggestions regarding the same. I will really appreciate any kind of help.