[FFmpeg-user] Generating v210 uncompressed AVIs from v210 individual files in 720p and 1080i formats

Mark Himsley mark at mdsh.com
Sun Sep 4 11:12:37 CEST 2011

On 02/09/2011 15:20, Tim Nicholson wrote:
> On 02/09/11 15:07, Thomas Worth wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 6:50 AM, FrancoisMace<mace.francois at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Hello Tim,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your quick answer.
>>>
>>> Indeed, my output image was specified as being 1920x540 since, when I
>>> specified 1920x1080, one hald of the ouptut AVI displayed completely green.
>
> Because you only supplied 540 lines of input...
>

>>> So the command line was there in order to illustrate what I manage to get
>>> working, although what is slipping out of your mind correspond to what I
>>> have tried to get.
>>>
>>> The only notions of "interlacing" I found in the ffmpeg documentation seem
>>> to be related to the use of the AVC encoder/decoders which, since I am
>>> wanting to do an uncompressed AVI, do not interest me.
>>
>> It sounds like you are trying to extract fields from an interlaced
>> video and convert them to progressive (50i -->  50p). Am I correct? If
>
> Thomas I think he has already extracted the individual fields and they
> now exist as discrete image files. Now he wants to turn them back into
> an interlaced video.
>
> ISTR that mencoder managed that somewhat better than ffmpeg, but now
> ffmpeg supports mencoder filters it may be possible directly. I think
> having the input rate twice the output rate was involved somewhere.
>
> Someone must remember.

I haven't completely understood Francois' requirements, but if Francois
is wanting to convert frames into fields then that's what the tinterlace
filter does. There's the version in FFmbc, there's the version in the mp
filters of FFmpeg (and therefore also in mencoder), and there's the
patch that Stefano has posted to ffmpeg-devel - and which he said "I'm
going to apply the patch in a few days if I see no comments..." a few
days ago.

If I've understood right, Francois has half-height frames that he wants
to interlace, then he'll want tinterlace mode 0: "Move odd frames into
the upper field of the new frame, even into the lower field, generating
a double height frame at half framerate"

> However Francois is using a very old version of ffmpeg.

True enough.

--
Mark