[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg installed properly? Noob

Tom Step t.step at comcast.net
Wed Sep 14 19:45:45 CEST 2011

Downloaded Git version to Downloads folder. it created a folder called "ffmpeg-HEAD-d2a847c" which has another "ffmpeg-HEAD-d2a847c" folder within it, which has the configure executable.

Now in Terminal do I:
cd ~/Downloads/ffmpeg-HEAD-d2a847c/ffmpeg-HEAD-d2a847c
./configure --enable-libmp3lame --enable-shared
make
sudo make install

Wil this make a "clean" install with necessary parts?
and
What about other errors with different codecs? FWIW I did run the original configure with--libmp3lame in it.And I do have libfaac but can't make a .aac versions either...

Thanks for helping a noob out
Tom