[FFmpeg-user] Using ffmpeg to send multicast

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Mon Sep 19 07:40:31 CEST 2011

Wernam Wer wrote:

> How are you using mplayer?What command?

I was trying "mplayer rtp://239.8.8.8:5000" just like in VLC, but now
I see I was wrong.

> I'm currently using it to read a stream and it work fine, this is what I do:
> *Execute ffmpeg, the you get something like this:

[dd]
> *Save only those lines into a file and name it name.sdp
> *Then I execute: mplayer sdp://name.sdp
> If you executed ffmpeg again with the same file and parameters you
> always will obtain the same sdp file, so you only have to generate
> once.

Thank you, this works.

I would like to know if it is possible to pass all the parameters in
the mplayer command line, without creating an .sdp file. But our world
is not perfect :)

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru