[FFmpeg-user] Error in compiling FFMPEG 0.8.4 for IPhone OS 4.3 SDK

Gavin Kinsey gkinsey at ad-holdings.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 11:47:20 CEST 2011

On Friday 23 September 2011 11:52:29 Gagandeep Bawa wrote:

> I am trying to compile new FFMPEG "Love" 0.8.4 version for ios 4.3 sdk
> but it fails. Please have a look in to this issue and let me know if i
> am doing anything wrong.

configure line for ARMv7 iOS.
export IPH_ROOT="/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer"
export IPH_SDK="$IPH_ROOT/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk"
../configure --cc="$IPH_ROOT/usr/bin/gcc -arch armv7"
                --sysroot="$IPH_SDK"
                --extra-ldflags="-isysroot $IPH_SDK"
                --enable-cross-compile
                --arch=arm
                --cpu=cortex-a8
                --target-os=darwin
                --enable-static
                --disable-shared
                --enable-pic

Haven't done a build in a few weeks, so it's possible ffmpeg has become
broken since then, but this did work and probably still does.

--
Gavin Kinsey
AD Holdings Plc

Closed IPTV, the new safe and secure deterministic IP Video solution from Dedicated Micros, is now shipping through selected distributors.
- Come and see this award winning plug and play, IP Video innovation at one of our Roadshows around the UK visit: https://www.dedicatedmicros.com/europe/ClosedIPTVRoadshow2011
- Contact our Customer Services Team for more information regarding how to enter the world of safe and secure hybrid IP and analogue video surveillance systems.