[FFmpeg-user] Stripping chapter metadata from video

Kurt Nordstrom doseofvitamink at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 19:33:34 CEST 2011

Can anybody give me a recipe for how to strip the chapter metadata from a
video? Previously, I was able to do something like: -map_chapters -1:0

However, recently the syntax for the -map_chapters option has changed, as
per the changelog:

   -map_chapters now takes only an input file index and applies to the next
output file. This is consistent with how all the other options work.

It doesn't explain how to say "don't copy anything at all."  And, since
chapters are copied by default, I'm a little stumped.

Any ideas?

--
http://www.blar.net/kurt/blog/