[FFmpeg-user] Compiling on Cygwin

Brendan Brewster brendan.brewster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 05:35:21 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 4:28 PM, S Kilian <iskilian at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Brendan,
>
> I was able to compile FFmpeg (git version d76864d) under latest Cygwin
> installation (./configure; make; make install). However make sure you
> install YASM (eg: yasm-1.2.0.tar.gz) before compiling FFmpeg under Cygwin.
>
>  - Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for you input however, I do already have yasm installed:

$ yasm --version
yasm 1.2.0
Compiled on Apr  8 2012.
Copyright (c) 2001-2011 Peter Johnson and other Yasm developers.
Run yasm --license for licensing overview and summary.

Also, note the output from configure that I provided previously:

"yasm                      yes"

-Brendan