[FFmpeg-user] bgra to yuv

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Apr 12 13:48:51 CEST 2012

Josh long <funkyirish <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The real reason we wanted to use dirac is because our
> team-leader wanted to try to parallelize the process
> (which we never got to).

If this is possible with schroedinger (or dirac) from the
command line, there is no reason why it shouldn't be possible
with FFmpeg. (But I never tried.)

> I'm still not sure why he didn't want to go straight to
> schroedinger for that.

> I couldn't find any information on nut, or play one

It should work with FFmpeg (and MPlayer).

> which is why I tried avi.

avi is a good general-purpose container, but yuv in avi is
generally not supported, FFmpeg will probably work but most
other players will not.

> Thanks for all of your help

Sorry if you feel not optimally supported.

Carl Eugen