[FFmpeg-user] Create mp4 with image and aac, av_interleaved_write_frame(): Operation not permitted

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 15:11:02 CEST 2012

ffmpeg -loop 1 -shortest -y -i ./ninapersson2.jpg -i "Nina Persson -
Losing My Religion (R.E.M cover).aac" -acodec copy Nina-REM.mp4

I get

[mp4 @ 0x96b7fe0] malformated aac bitstream, use -absf aac_adtstoasc
av_interleaved_write_frame(): Operation not permitted

WTF?

The AAC file was extracted with -acodec copy from a .mp4 downloaded
from Youtube.
ffmpeg -i Nina\ Persson\ -\ Losing\ My\ Religion\ \(R.E.M\ cover\).mp4
-vn -acodec copy "Nina Persson - Losing My Religion (R.E.M cover).aac

So basically it's bit-for-bit the same audio that was present in the
original mp4 downloaded from YT.
Why can't FFMPEG encode it back (along with an image) into another mp4?

Please help me understand. Thanks in advance.
FC

Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell