[FFmpeg-user] A/V sync problems with h264/aac video fragment

Konrad Karl kk_konrad at gmx.at
Mon Apr 16 14:03:51 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:48:46AM +0100, Tom Evans wrote:
> The 520 certainly handles anything I throw at it, bluray, HD broadcast, rips...

Pls try to play  http://140.78.117.79:88/mp4/test1.mp4 (1080p50, ~140MB)

At  00:00:09 (white elephant scene) my GeForce 450 GTS is too slow
to play it (now I now, thanks to Carl Eugen), I have to use mplayer
-speed 0.7 at this scene to keep A/V in sync.

In case your card is able to keep up you might try -speed 1.2 or
similar to get a feeling about the remaining margin.

Konrad