[FFmpeg-user] A/V sync problems with h264/aac video fragment

Konrad Karl kk_konrad at gmx.at
Mon Apr 16 17:09:27 CEST 2012

Hi,
On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 03:47:10PM +0100, Andy Sheen wrote:
> Konrad Karl wrote on Mon 16 Apr at 15:32 UK time
> >
> If you want to make something playable by almost any hardware that does
> H.264 acceleration, you should limit yourself to BluRay profile which is
> H.264 High Profile/Level 4.1. The Taj scene is High Profile/Level 4.2
> which is why there are problems.

It is not my goal to have i play everywhere but some of my relatives
and me have WD TV Live boxes and it should play there.

For this movie (1:06 hours total) I have now achieved this goal but
it seems by mere luck and not by systematically reducing the
processing requirements. On the PC I might try a faster GeForce.

> You will have to lose the full 1080p50 though  - level 4.1 only allows
> 1080p24.

Having seen the panning smoothness of p50 I really dont want to go to p24.
I know there are people who like the old fashioned cinema look....

> > Is there someting like a H264 disassembler available?
>
> MediaInfo is a good help here.
> >
> > The elephant scene has not that much movement detail and I really
> > want to know what exactly is generating so much work at the decoder.
>
> The encoding profile.

I would want to dig deeper into the level of detail because this
problem has made me quite curious (decode speed going down from
~1.1 to 0.7 but just on that 30 second sequence within the whole movie)

Greetings,
Konrad