[FFmpeg-user] On Demand Input Switching

me at renecalles.de me at renecalles.de
Wed Apr 18 18:09:39 CEST 2012

Hi all,

i hope i'm right here to ask this question.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to switch the input source of an
running instance of FFmpeg.
For example i'm running a live stream and want to switch from a
Filesource to a video device without interrupting the outgoing stream,
so without restarting FFmpeg with new command.

I've searched the internet and couldn't find any answer to this.

If it is not possible to do it with FFmpeg, could someone please point
me into a direction how such process could be accomplished
programmatically?

Thanks,

René