[FFmpeg-user] ProRes (LT) Quicktimes: Good for Windows. Not so good for Mac.

Dave Rice daverice at mac.com
Mon Apr 23 12:51:53 CEST 2012

Hi Tomas,

On Apr 21, 2012, at 10:29 AM, Tomas Sinkunas wrote:

> yeap, regarding that ffmpeg-ProRez conversion I do have problems as well.
> For me not only ProRez files are not recognized in FCP, but Animation files
> as well.
> FCP timeline shows correct codec, but there's green line above video that
> indicates that file needs to be rendered. Oh, and I render without audio,
> only video.
>
> Have no idea how to fix it unfortunatly:(

I haven't had a chance to replicate this, but have you looked at the file attributes as potentially causing the issue. See this post from last year: https://lists.libav.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2011-February/029027.html. Once the kMDItemFSCreatorCode and kMDItemFSTypeCode were explicitly set with SetFile on a Mac then Final Cut became more friendly at handling an ffmpeg output.
Dave Rice