[FFmpeg-user] ... invalid, non monotonically increasing dts... with yadif=1

Andy Furniss andyqos at ukfsn.org
Tue Apr 24 17:41:13 CEST 2012

Andy Furniss wrote:
> Apologies in advance if I am doing something stupid or no one else can
> recreate.
>
> This (19meg) possibly broken (but plays OK) mpeg2 transport stream will
> fail transcoding if I try to make 50fps with yadif=1, but works OK with
> yadif=0.

It does seem to be to do with yadif=1/double framerate, I just tested
three 5 minute samples recorded from a different channel hd/x264 this
time and two of the three failed.

I know google will find patches that may help, but yadif=1/double fps
doesn't feature with those streams, so maybe this is a separate issue as
the streams are fine with yadif=0 or no yadif.