[FFmpeg-user] cutting at keyframes?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Aug 2 19:58:04 CEST 2012

Gregory1234 <gregory.aimo <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Ultimately I want the output file to start with a keyframe
> so that it will play in sync - but it appears as if the
> input file does not start with a keyframe.

I don't think FFmpeg is able to produce an output file that
does not start with a keyframe (when encoding which is what
you do above).
In other words: I am 100% sure your output file starts with
a keyframe.

Is your output file out-of-sync if you play with vlc, ffplay,
MPlayer or QuickTime? (If it plays out-of-sync with
QuickTime, please also test the others.)

Carl Eugen