[FFmpeg-user] Compiling ffmpeg with --prefix option

Abhijit Das abhijit at i-cee.com
Sat Aug 4 17:41:50 CEST 2012

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to compile the ffmpeg source code following the guideline
below. I am using ubuntu 11.10
http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/UbuntuCompilationGuide

This is an excellent guide. But I have a small problem.  I wanted to
install all the binary and libraries in /opt/ffmpeg including libvpx and
libx264.

However when I try to configure ffmpeg it is throwing error:
ERROR: libvpx decoder version must be >=0.9.1

So it seems ./configure could not locate the libraries I compiled before in
/opt/ffmpeg/lib

How do I make ./configure happy? How do I specify the library path to
search for as an option to ./configure?

Thanks -Abhijit Das