[FFmpeg-user] Compiling ffmpeg with --prefix option

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Mon Aug 6 06:58:52 CEST 2012

On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 21:11:50 +0530
Abhijit Das <abhijit at i-cee.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am trying to compile the ffmpeg source code following the guideline
> below. I am using ubuntu 11.10
> http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/UbuntuCompilationGuide
>
> This is an excellent guide. But I have a small problem.  I wanted to
> install all the binary and libraries in /opt/ffmpeg including libvpx and
> libx264.
>
> However when I try to configure ffmpeg it is throwing error:
> ERROR: libvpx decoder version must be >=0.9.1
>
> So it seems ./configure could not locate the libraries I compiled before in
> /opt/ffmpeg/lib
>
> How do I make ./configure happy? How do I specify the library path to
> search for as an option to ./configure?
>
> Thanks -Abhijit Das

Untested example:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install build-essential git yasm
cd
mkdir -p junk/src
git clone git://git.videolan.org/x264
cd x264
./configure --prefix=$HOME/junk --enable-static
make
make install
cd
git clone --depth 1 git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg
cd ffmpeg
./configure --extra-cflags="-I$HOME/junk/include" \
--extra-ldflags="-L$HOME/junk/lib" --enable-gpl --enable-libx264
make