[FFmpeg-user] Apple HTTP Live Streaming seeking incorrect - ticket #649

Geetha Priya r.geetha.p at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 01:45:37 CEST 2012

Hi All,

I am an user of FFMPEG and I am trying to implement Apple HTTP live
streaming with it. I am using the FFMPEG segmenter to segment the input
file. I could see that issue with seeking is fixed with ticket #649.
But I am still having the seeking issue. If I try to seek somewhere in the
middle of the stream then the it moves backward to the beginning of the
stream.

I am using the latest version of FFMPEG
*
*
*ffmpeg version N-42547-g7543fd8*
*built on Jul 16 2012 18:07:09 with gcc 4.4.3*
*
*
The command which I use for segmenting is -
*
*
*ffmpeg -i low64.mp4 -c copy -map 0 -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb -f segment
-segment_list_type ext -segment_list low64.list -segment_list_size 0
-segment_time 10 -segment_format mpegts low64stream%d.ts*
*
*
Could you please advise if the latest version of FFMPEG has the fix for
ticket #649? If not where can I find it?

Regards,
Geetha