[FFmpeg-user] G711 audio codec implementation

Alex Grosu agrosu at c-s.ro
Fri Aug 10 09:01:45 CEST 2012

Hello dear friends
I have a proprietary software in which I integrated ffmpeg libs (built
with mingw under windows XP). I currently decode h264 video and aac
audio. I want to start implementing the decoding for G.7111 A-LAW audio
also. I found in in avcodec.h file CODEC_ID_PCM_ALAW. Is this the type
for G.7111 A-LAW ? Can anybody guide my steps in order to implement G711
decoding? A link or an advice would be very useful , thank you for your
time!
Kind regards,
Alex