[FFmpeg-user] Working with .YUV files

fb fatemeh.bagherpour at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 12:51:22 CEST 2012

Thank you so much for your reply :)

At first, "YUVFilePlayer", I downloaded it from:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Image-Convertors/YUV-File-Player.shtml

let me exactly explain my problem, I have an input stream, mpeg2 or h264, I
want to transcode them (at least transrate). ffmpeg does it well, but I want
to do decoding and encoding separately, I mean:

1) Input.ts -> output1.YUV
2)output1.YUV -> output2.flv and with h264 as codec.

There are several questions here :
1- when a player want to show a coded video (e.g h264), at first it should
decode it, and as I understood the output of decoding is "raw video" (.yuv
file). The player can't display such a file, so it would put it in a
container. Right????
If no, what else?

2- As I understood, we have "raw h264" files that they are h264 coded
streams with no container (I mean mkv, flv, 264 and ... by container). When
we want them to be played, we should put them in a container too. Right???

MY LINUX IS BUSY NOW, I,LL POST YOU MY COMMAND AND IT'S RESULTS AS SOON :)

Thanks ...