[FFmpeg-user] stream segment durations not exact length

Young Kim shadowing71 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 10:48:14 CEST 2012

Hi guys,

I've been futzing around with segment to split a video into HLS-compatible segments of 10 seconds each, but I'm noticing some odd behavior. In particular, some of the segments generated have varying lengths from 2 seconds to 17 seconds. I've tried playing around with segment_time_delta and force_key_frames to make the segments as close to 10 seconds as possible, but it doesn't seem to be working out so well. Does anyone happen to know something about this?

Thanks,
Young