[FFmpeg-user] upload.ffmpeg.org down?

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Mon Aug 20 09:39:03 CEST 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> Robert Krüger <krueger <at> lesspain.de> writes:
>
>> Hmm, just realized that there is a 100MB limit. The file I have to
>> upload has 356MB (24 seconds AVC-intra) and I don't have access to the
>> camera it's from so I cannot produce a smaller sample.
>
> It should be easy to cut your sample.
Do you have a recommendation to do that without modifying
characteristics of the file other than to modify the atom offsets in a
hex editor? That would be appreciated.

> Do you want to upload an additional sample for ticket #524?
Other than that the file is also AVC-Intra in mov it is different in
several aspects (it's not Avid-related, it's got a different fourcc).
My plan was to submit a bug report with the file, command line,
console output (which is ready but not submitted because I could not
upload the file) and have some of the devs decide whether it's a
duplicate, if that is OK:

> (Or in other words: Complete, uncut console output missing.)
If the policy is to first post bug reports here, I will do that it
would be nice to document it in http://ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html,
other than that, see above.

What's your recommendation? Wait for ftp server to work again, use
http://www.filehosting.org/ as suggested by anonymouzxx (thanks) or
cut the file (recommendation pending)?

Robert