[FFmpeg-user] Using the asyncts filter

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Aug 25 22:02:11 CEST 2012

Dainius (GreatEmerald <pastas4 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have read about the asyncts audio filter and tried it out, but it
> seems that the audio file it produced is exactly the same as the input
> file (to the point that both had the same md5sum).

I don't think it can be used for audio-only output files.

Generally, while explaining what you tried is usually a good idea
(but that normally means posting a command line together with
complete, uncut console output), it is even more important that
you explain what you want to achieve.
(And that should not be "using the asyncts" filter.)

ffmpeg -async 1 calls the asyncts filter and is needed for
some input files to avoid A/V desync.

Carl Eugen