[FFmpeg-user] "getting started" for libav users

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 17:18:09 CEST 2012

On date Wednesday 2012-08-29 08:02:26 -0600, Roger Pack encoded:
> Hello all. Is there any canonical "getting started with libav" (as a
> library) documentation page? I see a link to a tutorial but nothing
> else? I was tempted to start a wiki page with getting started
> instructions...but thought I'd ask here first.

Check doc/examples in the source dir, also doxygen documentation is
fairly complete and should work as reference.

Regarding a libav* coding how-to, we could start a section on the
wiki, let me know if you need something specific.
--
ffmpeg-user random tip #1
The -b:v (bitrate) and -b:a (audio bitrate) ffmpeg options take as