[FFmpeg-user] movieatom

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Aug 29 22:06:09 CEST 2012

Makc <makc.the.great <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > What's wrong with using tools/qt-faststart ?
>
> does it have to be something wrong with tool A in order for tool B
> exist :)

Of course but this is the FFmpeg user list, so it is not
immediately obvious why you propose a third party tool
if FFmpeg comes with a tool for the same purpose itself.

> there are differences, i.e. the tool I posted is not in
> python

Neither is qt-faststart afaict.

> and has gui

For a tool that takes exactly one input file and
exactly one output file as options, this could
be seen as a disadvantage.

Carl Eugen