[FFmpeg-user] moov atom... again

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 30 13:32:03 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 11:19 AM, alberto momeale
<alberto.momeale at live.it> wrote:

> I can't fix up 72/80 characters. I am using a webmail! Sorry.I still need to put on top the moovatom.  I tried using an air app (qtindexswapper.air)But my collegue said that moovatom is not end the end and in not on top.Actually I hate MAC! I feel idiot.Can someone tell me getly how to do the task?I am becoming crazy...thanks

Your questions to the list contain very little content about what you
have tried, and you seem to want everything done for you. Try to make
it easier for people to help you.

1) Build ffmpeg from git - google "ffmpeg git mac" for instructions
2) Change directory to ffmpeg checkout
3) "cd tools ; gmake qt-faststart"
4) "./qt-faststart your-movie.mov your-fixed-movie.mov"

If you can't do any of these steps, ask again for help and show
PRECISELY what you have tried. "I tried something, it didn't work,
please help" is the most annoying thing you can say, as it gives us no
idea where to start.

Tom