[FFmpeg-user] Unable to analyze/transcode mp3

Joakim Simonsson nospam at joakims.com
Tue Dec 4 10:36:38 CET 2012

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 11:59 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> > [mp3 @ 0x27468c0] Could not find codec parameters for
> > stream 0 (Audio: mp3, 0 channels, s16p): unspecified frame size
> > Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration'
> > and 'probesize' options
>
> Did you read this?

Yes, I read that.

I was first trying with probesize 10000, then increasing to 100000.
Finally, I increased it to 1000000, but that made ffmpeg segfault. So I
gave up using playing with probesize.

Actually, it segfaults for all probesizes between approx 650000 and 1040000.

This looks like a bug in ffmpeg.

-probesize 9M works fine.

Yes, it does work. And 9000000 works as well (so it is not a command line
parsing bug).

Joakim