[FFmpeg-user] Cat 2 mp4 files?

. peace at AleksandrSolzhenitsyn.net
Thu Dec 6 17:27:32 CET 2012

On 12/06/2012 11:08 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> . <peace <at> AleksandrSolzhenitsyn.net> writes:
>
>>> http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#concat-1
>>>
>>> http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html#concat
>> Here's the code I used;
>>
>> ffmpeg concat: tg1.mp4 tg2.mp4 WOOF.mp4
>> I also tried this;
>>
>> ffmpeg concat: tg1.mp4|tg2.mp4 WOOF.mp4
> Both links above contain examples on how to use the
> protocol (that I suspect cannot work for mp4) and
> the filter.
> Note that today, a third concatenation option was
> added to ffmpeg, a concatenation demuxer. Either read
> the documentation in your git checkout or wait until
> tomorrow (?) when the web documentation gets updated.

Carl Eugen

Carl,

Part of the problem is that for a neophite such as myself, the syntax
used and helps aren't very useful as they often don't contain clear
examples and make too many assumptions about users experience. I wish it
were otherwise. I'm not even sure if I used the proper syntax in the
example above!

Thanks for the effort.