[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg input, output and config

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Dec 8 19:42:01 CET 2012

Zac Harvey <zachary.harvey <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I should probably add that streaming mp4 in realtime
> > (via udp or other means) seems impossible...
>
> Can you (or anybody else) elaborate on this some more?

(At least in the common case) The mp4 file is unusable
before the end of the encoding, ie you cannot stream it
because some information needed in the beginning of the
file is only written when encoding ends.
(There may be an option to circumvent this, but usually
mpegts is the chosen format for udp streaming.)

Please do not top-post here, it is (still) considered rude!

Carl Eugen