[FFmpeg-user] Capture Video from Decklink Video Render

Andrew Sinclair ajsinclair at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 23:59:31 CET 2012

I know this is an ffmpeg list and I have had Decklink and ffmpeg working
well but Blackmagic MediaExpress is free and really easy to use, just set
it to store the raw video in MJPEG and you should be fine importing into
FCP and I have used it extensively for HD sport etc. I haven't done the
slicing of the video live but there is no reason you shouldn't be able to
do it as MJPEG is an intra frame compression.

Note that you also need fast disk and a lot of it for this.

If you get it working let me know as would be interested.