[FFmpeg-user] how to ­get h264 stream fr­om web­cam with hardware H­264

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 20 12:34:27 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 9:01 AM, Val Malykh <valem at pochta.ru> wrote:
> Hello Lou,
>
> I've done as you advised and I have such output:
>
> [video4linux2,v4l2 @ 0xc0b5b0] C : Unsupported :                H.264
>
> full output is here: http://pastebin.com/4wSRDcL5
>
> As far as I understand receiving H264 video directly is unsupported, but I've managed to receive video stream by using capture app of Alexandru Csete (http://oz9aec.net/index.php/gstreamer/473-using-the-logitech-c920-webcam-with-gstreamer).

Hi Val

Please don't top post on this mailing list - put your reply below the
email you are replying to - and please reply to previous messages
rather than creating new threads on the same topic.

Carl gave you a patch which would allow ffmpeg to support receiving
H264 video directly. Did that work?

Cheers

Tom