[FFmpeg-user] amix/amerge with offset

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Thu Dec 20 22:18:56 CET 2012

Le decadi 30 frimaire, an CCXXI, Soumya M D a écrit :
> Is there any way to merge/mix two audio files with offsets
>
> I want  to start my first audio at 10 the second,second at 20 second like
> that.

You can use the concat filter to add silence before any of your audio
stream. aevalsrc=0 can be used to produce silence, although it is a bit
computationally expensive. Hum, if you concatenate an empty file at the
beginning after shifting the timestamps, concat may be able to insert just
the right amount of silence for you.

Note that amerge (+ pan if mixing is needed) is favoured over amix.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George