[FFmpeg-user] worth to bother? create a set of test video clips for mobile devices

dE . de.techno at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 11:04:01 CET 2012

On 02/02/12 11:32, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
> 于 2012年02月01日 15:13, dE . 写道:
>> delogics.blogspot.com -- a small contribution.
>>

> Thanks a lot! It's indeed very helpful. Emm. I think perhaps together
> we could do a tiny little project out of the things we've done. Did
> you use any script to auto-generate the test files? I guess you
> didn't, otherwise you would have mentioned. Did you try my tiny piece
> of test file generator?

I think it'll be a better idea to upload test videos and pasting the
ffmpeg command line and codec information in different formats instead
of making scripts; this way a lot of casual users can also test. Also
it'll be a good idea to upload winff presets -- that way absolute novice
users will also be able to utilize it.

Notice, I'm not a developer and running make results in -

make
make: Nothing to be done for `help'.

I know what's a makefile but don't know how to make one. Although I can
make a shell script doing the same.

Also this thing now penetrates to more than the ffmpeg mailing list --
we have to make a wiki somewhere.

Although I'm busy with my inbox (I get more than 100 mails per day in my
inbox (this includes various Debian mailing lists and some from Gentoo
forums and various bug reports)) but I'll try to contribute where I can,
especially to make new entries in this list.