[FFmpeg-user] Burning timecode into mov file

bartom bartomas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 20:02:02 CET 2012

Thanks for your reply and pointing this out. I see now.
I ran the  command:

ffprobe -show_packets  test.mov

and in the  output of this command containing all the packets, there is only
a single packet of the timecode stream (all the rest are audio and video
packets). This is the packet of the timecode stream:

[PACKET]
codec_type=data
stream_index=2
pts=0
pts_time=0.000000
dts=0
dts_time=0.000000
duration=6371400
duration_time=2548.560000
size=4
pos=39369995192
flags=K
[/PACKET]

Is this normal, that there is  only one packet in the timecode stream? I had
a total misconception concerning the timecode track. I thought that for each
video frame, the timecode stream has a frame  storing a different timecode
value. But I suppose I was wrong: each video file has only one value in the
timecode track: the TAG:timecode=18:27:15:17 that you pointed out, which is
the start timecode, and that's it?

Many thanks again.