[FFmpeg-user] Segment RTSP stream stops after ten minutes

Garth Tissington gtissington at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 06:34:03 CET 2012

I've looked all over and I just can;t understand this error.

I'm reading an RTSP stream from an axis 211 camera.

I use this command line

ffmpeg -i rtsp://user:password@ -c copy -map 0
-f segment -segment_time 60 -segment_format avi -segment_list slist.txt

This really works great for ten minutes.

After about 10 minutes... or some times 11 minutes. It crashes with this
error message

Too large number of skiped frames 600290kB time=00:09:59.90 bitrate=
av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid argument

The process just quits.

Any iseads what this could be?

Garth Tissington

Given sufficient thrust pigs fly just fine.