[FFmpeg-user] Converting from Avid DNxHD files results in black or white pictures only

Werner Robitza werner.robitza at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 23:54:22 CET 2012

> Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (![0][0][0] / 0x0021), yuv422p
> you encoding to yuv422p , but Quick Time player no supported with this
> sample format in h264.

ffplay won't play the file either – it shouldn't be that problem. However,
if you got my output file to play, I'd appreciate if you told me how.

But unfortunately, output files are almost never needed
> (I did ask for one the other day though), what is absolutely
> needed is the source file.

As the source files are at least 22 GB in size, I will try to supply the
first megabytes only and see if that allows to reproduce the error.

-----

As I already mentioned, ffmbc is able to decode one of these two, but fails
on another one <http://code.google.com/p/ffmbc/issues/detail?id=85>.
Could this be the actual issue?

[mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x10182ea00] multiple fourcc not supported