[FFmpeg-user] dvbsub problem

Colin Rosenthal csr at statsbiblioteket.dk
Thu Feb 9 11:34:29 CET 2012

Hi Carl Eugen,

No problem.

/usr/bin/ffmpeg -i mux1.flight93.ts  -codec copy -map 0:3 -map 0:7 -map
0:11 -f mpegts -y out.ts 2>err.out

and the console output is attached.

The problem is that the output file has a dvbsub stream but the stream
is empty. There are no subtitles visible when you play it in vlc.
The same stream in the original file is not empty - it has
danish-language subtitles.

If I try to dump only the dvbsub stream with ffmpeg:

/usr/bin/ffmpeg -i mux1.flight93.ts -an -vn -scodec copy  -map 0:11  -f
mpegts   -y out.ts
I get the following (truncated this time, but you can have the full
output if you like):

Output #0, mpegts, to 'out.ts':
   Metadata:
     encoder         : Lavf53.24.2
     Stream #0:0(dan): Subtitle: dvb_subtitle ([6][0][0][0] / 0x0006)
Stream mapping:
   Stream #0:11 -> #0:0 (copy)
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
PES packet size mismatch59:00.14 bitrate=   0.1kbits/s
[mpegts @ 0xeb27a0] PES packet size mismatch
     Last message repeated 4 times
size=     162kB time=02:59:01.75 bitrate=   0.1kbits/s
video:0kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead inf%
Output file is empty, nothing was encoded (check -ss / -t / -frames
parameters if used)

Note that the output file is not zero size.

best regards,
Colin