[FFmpeg-user] Question about x11grab and mkv files

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Feb 10 00:02:32 CET 2012

Giorgio Vazzana <mywing81 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > > ffmpeg -t 5 -f x11grab -video_size 640x480 -framerate 10 -i :0.0
> > > -vcodec copy  output-master-copy.mkv
> >
> > Is there any application except FFmpeg that read the resulting
> > (good) files?
>
> I didn't check because ffplay is usually enough for me

I just wanted to make sure you don't expect other applications
to support these "hacks". (It is strictly defined for nut, but
since we only defined it today and most applications do not
support nut well, it is unlikely you will have success.)

I applied slightly different patches, so please revert before updating.

I will try to support the videos in MPlayer, maybe remind me.

Carl Eugen