[FFmpeg-user] FFMpeg H.264 to ProRez

Tomas Sinkunas Tomas at rendertom.com
Sat Feb 11 13:08:23 CET 2012

Hello guys. I am totally new here. It's only second time I am trying to use
FFMpeg.

I've downloaded FFMpeg 0.10 and done everything I need to make ir run.
However I have a major problem. I am trying to export from H.264 to ProRez
with this line:

ffmpeg -i /_in.mov -vcodec prores -aspect 16:9 -s 1024x576 -an /_out.mov

Exported file plays fine with QT and inspector shows correct info. But when
I try to open this file with Cinema Tools to confirm it to 25FPS, the button
Confirm is disabled.

If I use compressor to compress this file to mpeg-2 - I get super weird
outcome where frames are duplicated or there are jumps between the frames.

If I add this video FCP timeline - FCP pops up message if I want to make
sequence based on video spcs and etc. I choose YES. And everything plays out
nicely in timeline. But if I want to make a reference video out of timeline,
it renderes all video to a new huge file. I have "Make self contained"
disabled.

So after long hours of thinking and RnD, I think I miss something in this
compression line:

ffmpeg -i /_in.mov -vcodec prores -aspect 16:9 -s 1024x576 -an /_out.mov

can someone help me out? As I only need to get prores file in the output,
that is good for reproduction and I can compress that file and do what ever
I want.

Pleaseeeeee