[FFmpeg-user] FFMpeg H.264 to ProRez

Andreas Gumm andreas.gumm at gmx.de
Mon Feb 13 21:08:52 CET 2012

Sorry for jumping in to your discussion!

FCP complains all ProRes files on import if these has been created with
ffmpeg or ffmbc!
I don't know what FCP does missing, but it has nothing to do with the
codec for itself or contained audio streams.
Maybe it depends on missing header data or gamma values!
Normally FCP can deal with it, but smart rendering is not possible since
the file is not flagged by FCP!

Cheers
Andreas